Pages

Sunday, September 25, 2011

they mistake your weakness for drama

I am wending my way home from Misteri.Here is a photo I took from my hotel room in Rome last night.[Near the main Termini Railway Station].
I say "hotel"......but their idea of "en suite" was being able to piss in the sink.......
Anyway.......
I was watching this gentleman for half an hour.He was asleep with his 2 bottles of wine under his head........Then along came his mate & stole one..The Sleeper woke 5 minutes later to find his stash  depleted.An image for our times............?
Never Trust Anyone Who Wears Socks with Sandals...........

I'm Still A.W.O.L. In the meantime, some [updated] photos from "Misteri".here.A thought to juggle with! It was taken from a book I was reading on the bus from Roma."........they mistake your weakness for drama........"
Ry Cooder~Pull Up Some Dust And Sit Down

My Thanks To Clive for the information..If you click the "Marketplace" widget above,you can hear the entire new album from Ry Cooder!



[Clive on the left]
  I Fly To Italy Next Saturday 24th.Will Return Thursday 29th.
I had a dream last night.Me & Chris were traveling in Italy.we got lost on a bus & eventually, we  arrived in a little  unknown town.It was towards dusk....we didnt have time ,that day,to move on........So we found a hotel for the night.The town was  called "Misteri".It Seemed a mighty nice place [albeit a bit dusty]....................!
On awaking, I searched Google for it.I was pretty sure of the spelling because it was written on a timetable inside the bus station.
I couldn't find any towns with that name, but Trip Advisor told me about Hotel Misteri  near Pompeil.

Italian telly is doing a nifty commercial at the moment.It's for the Italian mobile phone company WIND.It encourages Italians to "Passa A Wind" .And why not?
Over recent weeks, I,ve been rubbish at blogging.Sorry. So, I've disabled comments on this particular post to give me [please]time to catch up with you all.
In the meantime, I will be posting photos from my week.
First off, I went to the new BBC Media City in Salford with Don.
We Also Went To See An Exhibition At The Imperial War Museum War Correspondent: reporting under fire since 1914 & Warhol & The Diva at The Lowry.
Later in the week I will be being currified in Whitworth on Friday & out Drinking in Halifax on Saturday.Watch this space for more photos of these.I will keep updating.[n.b.all photos  taken with  my new blackberry.]
My Thanks to Don& Margaret. for the tickets for Gillian Welch (Manchester Apollo ) & Hot Club of Cowtown (Bury Met) .Plus the new Ry Cooder:Gillian Welch cds + 4Xcd "Anthems Of Eden" set.Christmas comes early in Salford!

16 comments:

Akelamalu said...

What a strange but interesting dream! :0

Kurt said...

Is that Ry Cooder singing, because his voice sounds older. I like it.

tony said...

That,Indeed,Is Our Very Own Catcher In The Ry !

Tom said...

clicked random parts on the dial...sounds good. I'll have to put this on as background music when i have a little more time to dawdle at the computer.

Big Mark 243 said...

This was so fascinating... love the Ry Cooder..! I have been a fan since the movie 'Crossroads'...

Brian Miller said...

that must have been some big bus to get lost on it...ha...will check out the music in a bit..just got home from the beach....

Teresa Evangeline said...

I Love that the town was named Misteri, another word for life itself, in many ways.

Alan Burnett said...

That Misteri place has a bit of a look of Liversedge about it.

Health information blog said...

its strange but very much interesting, i like it.,,,,,

Regards,
kamagra

tony said...

Thanks Kamagra.I Guess You Know Youve Been Absent Too Long When You Start Getting Comments From Experts In Erectile Dysfunction !

LadyCat said...

Hope you are having a nice trip and have a safe return home. Great photos...what an interesting place.
I like your title "they mistake your weakness for drama".

Perpetual Chocoholic said...

When I sleep out on the street with my liquor under my head I make sure to bring the dog so he can wake me if someone comes calling;-)

Dominic Rivron said...

Socks with sandals every time, here, I'm afraid.

I conceed it does look uncool when there's holes in the socks.

blackwatertown said...

Good snapshot of life in the doorway in Italy with the missing bottle of wine.
Like the Ry Cooder banker song - thanks for sharing that one.

order lexapro said...

I am very happy to read this article..thanks for giving us this useful information.

kamagra said...

I admire the time and effort you put into your blog and detailed information you offer!