Pages

Friday, July 13, 2012

Always make sure you have a getaway vehicle.......

This is a Sepia Saturday post.
A photo from the 1950's .On the beach in Blackpool.My Mother's & Brother's -in-Law.

I saw Bob today......he is organizing the  Transylvania trip.. It  happens end of August for a week (6 of us go on a Fortean week around Mr Dracula)...
A photo I took of Bob outside the BBC's  Bush House in London in 2008 on a previous Fortean  trip
(I also make further  plans for   another week in Italy in September .)
Hey! It's my 60th birthday end of July.I am studiously trying to ignore it.a conscious decision on my part.I really cant get my head around the idea of "being 60".I have refused offers (to the point,almost of being rude)
 I am curious about my modesty........ I want quiet reflection.....not shrill......why,I wonder.....
 A local Rock Band (Snake Eyes) has even  offered to play live+ free  at some hypothetical 60th birthday event..(which I have not organised,nor do I plan too...) .several people are dragging & "bullying" me out to various mini-events around the dreaded date.....[some things i guess I cant avoid ],but I'm afraid I wont be having anything like my 50th Birthday Bash in Manchester.I feel really pissed off about the thought of it all....... Sorry Folks.But NO! I,ve even taken my birthday details off facebook...The ultimate symbol of .disengagement.{The 21st Century's "I cant come out tonight I'm washing my hair......."}
.Its one of those things where People want me to have "fun" like it or not...Sorry,but on this one ,I'm playing "The Grumpy Old Man " card for all its worth.You can still send me money&gifts& trinkets , jewels and binoculars....., just don't expect me to smile about it!
Visions of Johanna 11th Oct 2011 by Bob Dylan's Music

27 comments:

Brian Miller said...

ha. good advise...and a nice getaway buggy you got there...

Teresa Evangeline said...

Love it - photo and title!

Kurt said...

I popped over to Norway last week - I could see your island from there.

Little Nell said...

I remember this marbled rubber buckets; they always reminded me of school plasticine, when all the colors are mingling and just before it turns uniformly grey.

Kristin said...

I think his feet would hang over if that big kid tried to get away in that baby buggy.

Wendy said...

I love this title. And I love this scene -- just such a nice mommy-son moment.

Akelamalu said...

Sepia photos always seem to have so much more depth to them don't you think?

Sometimes the comments are disabled on your posts Tony, is that intentional?

LadyCat said...

Awww...so sweet. Love his little hat.

Food Smarts said...

A perfect moment captured here.

tony said...

Yea,Sometimes I disable comment for might be only 'temporary'posts....Big Grown Up Post Like This Have Comment!!:)

Titania said...

A beautiful moment of mother and child playing in the sand; The baby carriage looks very comfortable and I guess there is a little bundle in there ready for a getaway or at least a push away.

Michael Ultra said...

There is absolutely no reason to fear the 60. Party like it's 2099. Happy bday Pard!

Dominic Rivron said...

I'd forgotten about the Fortean Times! There was a really good TV series about things Fortean at one time presented by a vicar in leathers (I forget his name). Were it still on I'd still watch it.

Karen S. said...

What a most adorable photo! ...and a terrific get-away ride too!

Postcardy said...

I am always reminded of my early days of playing on the beach in the sand when I see photos of kids playing in the sand with their little pails.

Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy said...

That is a beautiful photo!

At the risk of getting yelled at here, I am going to go ahead and wish you an early Happy Birthday, and hoping that you get to spend it exactly as you wish. Your travel plans sound grand, Tony.

Kathy M.

Bob Scotney said...

When you see prams like that it makes you realise how the modern versions are much more practical. Looking at it it reminds me of the Silver Cross make.

TICKLEBEAR said...

I love this post's title, though I doubt a pram would be an efficient getaway vehicle...

That trip in August sounds interesting, especially since I now know Transylnania is NOT next to Pensylvania...as I thought as a child.

I welcomed my 50s, but wanted no big fuss about it and it was a small affair with my closest friends. I don't know how I will feel about my 60s, but I can respect your wish. Just be happy in life!! That's all that matters really, whatever the numbers tell you.
:)~
HUGZ

Sharon said...

I love the photo. It is so good to see unposed photos with natural expression. They tell us so much more.

imagespast said...

Great photo and cool getaway car, and a metal bucket and wooden deckchairs - stuff that was made to last! Jo

Mike Brubaker said...

A great photo. I also prefer not to get wrapped up in those "special anniversaries". After all every day is yet another anniversary, one way or the other.

Sometimes Saintly Nick said...

The pram joke was hilarious! Thanks.

ArcticFox said...

that midget dude is enough to give ME nightmares......

Joanne Casey said...

Happy birthday in advance, Tony, and many more of them.

Alan Burnett said...

The Blackpool photo is wonderful. I used to have a bucket just like that - made of multicoloured thick rubber and a spade to match.

sewa mobil said...

Very nice, thanks for sharing.

Teresa Evangeline said...

You've added a great Dylan song! Love it!