Pages

Friday, July 06, 2012

Our grassy knoll is currently under the water.........

 Original Bootleg "Dylan Gets To The Point - Dublin 1995" 
My photos of  Charles  (our Prince Across The Water) visit to Hebden Bridge today {here}
Some pillock on the Internet said his visit "brought a little ray of sunshine......"
... Only in fucking Hebden Bridge would you get Chinese Dragons& Drummers& Artists on Stilts during a Flood Disaster! Midday:I was in Barclays Bank(trying to send some money to Italy)& saw people  across the road waiting outside flood-torn  Central Street School.So, I decided to wait also & catch a glimpse of Our Bonny Prince .I got wet,he was late.Rumor was he tried to land his Chopper in the Park but it was too wet..so he came by car instead.Another rumor was the floods were closing the roads behind him(both East&West) .Perhaps he will get stranded.I was surprised how easy it was to get up close...........Our Grassy Knoll is under water.Damn!


Various Chinese drummers,artists on stilts & Papier mache Dragons (was that wise?)  await our Prince.
The Boy Windsor looked shocked (I got up close,I can Vouch).Was it the level of the water that worried, or rather, all those Hippies-on-Sticks?

{2 images kindly stolen from Chris Ratcliffe's "HEBWEB".Hebden Bridge's 2nd best blog!}

13 comments:

Roy said...

You get much more rain than you need, while here on the other side of The Pond we're drying out pretty badly; corn prices have already started to rise because of the drought in the East and Midwest. See if you can push some of that over here, Tony!

tony said...

Crazy Weather! The Republicans are wrong about Global Warming me thinks!

Kristin said...

Looks quite colorful and cool, although wet and flooding. Over here it is hot and the only sight close by is the burned out picnic pavilion from the fireworks on the 4th. you'd think people would realize hot and dry don't mix with explosives.

Brian Miller said...

we could def use the rain...maybe not in those quantities...8 days over 100 now...hope that there is not too much flood damage

Little Nell said...

It’s bonkers isn’t it, we haven’t had rain for about a year now; it’s problems with jet stream according to today’s paper. Your pictures are fantastic and that one of HRH is brilliant, I’m surprised you haven’t offered it to the press! When you said you were in Barclays I thought you were going to say were moving your account in protest. Apparently about 10,000 people already have (see that’s my second fact gleaned from the paper.)

Joe MacFarlane said...

Shout out "I have a Pot Noodle and I am not afraid to use it!" Or maybe that only works on the M6?

Tom said...

the repubs are starting to come around - there's really no denying the warming...they just refuse to admit it had anything to do with the emmision from their 4000 sq foot homes or cadillac escalades.

as always, love the pics and insights

Akelamalu said...

Good God, have your started building the Ark yet????

Teresa Evangeline said...

A grassy knoll... shame on you. And shame on me, cause I'm chuckling over it. Are Hippies on Sticks carnival food? ;)

ArcticFox said...

that first picture of Charlie with a stick up his arse is incredible - what a face he's pulling - priceless!!

Alan Burnett said...

I kept reading about the (first) HB floods whilst we were away on holiday. I assume that you all enjoyed the royal attention so much you diverted the rivers to bring the (second) flood. The thoughts of all us down here in the lower valley are with you all in the upper valley

tony said...

Cheers To All.I Must Get Back To My backlog of Comments etc.Just Let Me Tumble Dry My Laptop & I Will Be Back To You...........

FrankandMary said...

I love the rain, but...
Not having a TV & pretty much not ever even noticing one(I'm happier that way), I'd forgotten how old Prince Charles is. And he looks it.