Pages

Sunday, September 09, 2012

"I had devoted so much of my girlish daydreams to Rimbaud. Rimbaud was like my boyfriend." ~Patti Smith

Well!That is simply the best gig I've been to this century!I took loads of images/videos/audio files{10}.Here are just 2 of them.Her voice,spirit& range are intact!
{my photos&videos here:}.{I have 10 audio files that ,eventually, will be stored here}

Thursday night at 10pm we got a knock on the door.Angela! I haven't seen her in several years! (Don,you will remember her once,us seeing Dylan at the M.E.N.).She had a belated Birthday present for me with 2 days notice.......a ticket to allow me  the seeing  of  Patti Smith at The Hebden Bridge Trades Club The Trades only holds 190 people.So tickets are like rocking-horse shit.Its not  part of  her official tour schedule.She's not with her band.it was a solo reading of her poetry & suchlike.A Rare Evening.the smallest gig she's played in years......................................(with money going to  The Hebden Bridge Flood Fund .)
"Sheep In Fog" +"Beneath The Southern Cross" 
{Hebden Bridge Times:"punk icon gives gig cash to flood victims" }
Bob (pictured below),Neil,et al are back from Transylvania.As i told you I had to drop out at the last minute...so seeing these photos make me jealous /sick etc....But its more than that.It's odd  and uncomfortable me viewing them.'Something almost existential about searching   the gaps within the pictures.Trying to guess were i would have been had  I not air-brushed  them in advance.What  a most strange absence and retreat.........

7 comments:

Teresa Evangeline said...

Damn.

Well, if it couldn't be me, it couldn't have happened to a nicer guy. I'm happy for you. I guess. ;)

Brian Miller said...

pretty cool gig you came upon there...and sorry on missing transylvania...its funny they dont look like vampires...smiles.

Karen S. said...

I find them quite inviting....not one bit hungry either! But I am a Dark Shadows fan! :)

Martin said...

A special evening, indeed.

By the way, I noticed in the Transylvania photo, that Tony Hancock is alive and well - second from the left.

Kurt said...

I saw Patti sing that very song at the Neil Young tribute in NYC. She forgot the words but recovered well.

Kristin said...

Of course the vampires would not be standing out in the sunshine.

Alan Burnett said...

I always think of you as my own personal music consultant - so I am off to find Patti Smith.