Pages

Sunday, October 07, 2012

Shine forth upon our clouded hills?

My thanks to Steve for organizing our trip to Old Trafford for the Rugby League Grand Final in Manchester yesterday.Here are my photos.
It was a great final this year.Leeds well deserved the win.Rupert Murdock has infantised the game over the years (witness the bloody stupid teamname rebranding  "Rhinos" & "Wolves" )Pah! And those bloody stupid mascots (see photo)....but anyway.We Rise Above I guess......My biggest disappointment is how nobody sings the words of William Blake's Jerusalem anymore.It used to be a tradition at Rugby League Games that the crowd sang ,without prompts the words in full/from memory,just before kick-off.These days everybody seems content to let some bimbo in a sparkly dress to do it for them.Which is a shame.......{this makes me sound a bit like Michael Gove I know!}
.Anyway.The chick hanging from the Big Balloon was rather cool!


  
On Thursday,Me & Chris went to Harrogate Turkish Baths. Here are my photos from that.

4 comments:

Brian Miller said...

nice...the grand staircase there looks pretty cool...and how fun on the rugby finals as well....have not been to a match since college...

Kurt said...

Harrogate looks quite nice. I got a hand-me-down Lumix DMC-LX5, and I'm impressed. The pictures look as good as my SLR.

Tom said...

pretty song - eek, that woman in your more recent post just looked at me. Freaky!

TICKLEBEAR said...

Alright, so a few things annoy you...
but it looks like you had a swell time!!
:D~
HUGZ