Pages

Friday, November 16, 2012

listen to the radio

...Shadi Ghadirian, Iran... Untitled from the Ghajar Series 1998-1999

My Thanks To My  Lovely Real Time Friend   Alison in Hebden Bridge for finding this image. Watch out in the coming week for Israeli propaganda which will link "Gaza" with "Iran"Does Another War begin.....?
If your reading this outside the U.K. are you aware of the current debate about the Lord McAlpine? The current state of play is this.It could reshape legal law both in UK & worldwide & have consequences  for Free Speech & Social Media freedoms.{We are very quickly becoming China I think.}
Just read twitter here for an the latest on this evolving story.I find it scary.
For example.This link was retweeted there today.
By  my  linking it here,I may well be receiving a threat of  prosecution & fine from Lord McAlpines lawyers(?).I kid you not,this feels uncomfortable  to me.....but hey!Publish & Be Damned! Its a very good response to arrogant bullies everywhere..............
An Open Letter to Lord Alistair McAlpine ""Dear Lord McAlpine, Your lawyer was on the radio yesterday, threatening that all those on Twitter who so much as mentioned your name in connection with paedophilia would be sued for libel. So I thought I'd do a little digging ... and I have to say, within a matter of hours, I'd found what I was looking for. So I wonder how much more a dedicated team of lawyers would find? And now I've found this damning piece of evidence, I understand why your lawyer is recommending that you settle out of court for an apology and an agreed sum of money, rather than have the spotlight shone on your life and your past. Well, sir, you've already managed to extort £185,000 out of the BBC in that way .... but there's no way you'll be getting any more from tweeters, or anyone else. In fact, by the time you've finished reading this post, if you have any sense, you'll be packing your bags and disappearing off the scene again fast..............." Read The Rest Of The Letter Here.....

9 comments:

Brian Miller said...

what the crap...really...that is crazy...yeah the trampling of freedom of speech will begin....intersting picture as well tony...a little odd...def watching gaza right now...

tony said...

Thanks Brian.Thanks For Your Comment.No Doubt Things Will Be Clearer soon.But Where is Obama?

Kristin said...

Thank you for sharing that. I had heard something about a scandal several weeks ago but hadn't listened to that station again.

As for where Obama is - has he ever yet come out and spoken against Israeli violence in Gaza? If he did, I missed it.

tony said...

"We will not learn to live together in peace by killing each other's children." - Jimmy Carter

FrankandMary said...

Some people with a bunch of lawyers at their disposal need a bunch of lawyers to defend their past actions(if that is even possible), not to attack others.

Gee, that outfit sure wasn't at Talbots or Ann Taylor when I was shopping. ~Mary

Kristin said...

Heard Obama this morning said Hamas needs to quit causing this crisis by lobbing rockets at Israel. And then peace talks can begin. Or something like that. Find it very hard to listen.

savannah said...

we seem to be stuck in some sort of warp here in the usa, sugar. we keep playing the same game and expecting a different result. i kept waiting for President Obama to say something different. xoxoxo

Anonymous said...

Hi Tony, just seen your email. It landed in my Spam folder. You are very welcome to join us on Ishtar's Gate. Just click on the Register button at the top right of the screen and then I'll activate your account. Looking forward to seeing you there

Ishtar
Author of Lord McAlpine Open Letter

tony said...

Cheers Ishtar.'Will Do.