Pages

Saturday, December 29, 2012

ßuzzin fly!

My Dad (top:far right) Photo taken in Scotland during WW2.He was stationed there as part of Free Polish Airforce.He met a 15 year old Scottish girl (my Mum) They went to live in Halifax after the war.
This is a Sepia Saturday post.
“This is love: to fly toward a secret sky, to cause a hundred veils to fall each moment. First to let go of life. Finally, to take a step without feet.” ― Rumi
My Best Wishes For 2013.(of course)Hey! I just  discovered that Hollywood will be murdering Tim Buckley!shortly.......That  dastardly Tinseltown Serial-Killer is on the loose again! (think Cash:Dury:Lennon:Ian Curtis ;et al).Before the memory gets blurred+spoiled.(..........&lets face it,music biopics are always fucking terrible..with the honorable exception of the Dylan  , I'm Not There )
Anyway,here's the voice of the Real Deal!
If you look to your left on this blog you will see links to tons of splendid blogs.Please give them your patronage when you bore of me.If I had to recommend just one,please take a peek sometime  at the ever wonderful Istanbul Through My Eyes.(As a bonus,it's gentle author,Ozgur  , is Istabul's greatest Bob Dylan fan!)   this blog is  posted almost daily:it's  a fabulous record of my 2nd favorite -visited city.(before you ask.The city I love the most is Havana..but my heart is big enough for 2!)
My Polish Dad in Scotland.

17 comments:

LadyCat said...

Have a great new year, Tony! I'll be joining the 60 year old club in March : )

missing moments said...

Wishing you a great New Year Tony.

Dakota Boo said...

Happy New Year Tony ... definitely in 2 minds about a Buckley film though.

Alan Burnett said...

Happy New Year Tony. We need to fix up a date (and a pub) for a meeting of the Yorkshire Chapter of the International Fellowship of Thoughtful Bloggers.

Bob Scotney said...

Happy New Year Tony. Enjoyed the slide show but especially your Polish Dad in Scotland.

Karen S. said...

Your dad really rocks! What a cool photo. Awesome videos again too. I adore your up beat posts- you just have so much fun!

Postcardy said...

Happy New Year!

I don't know what to think about that last photo.

Mike Brubaker said...

A merry 2013 to you too, Tony. If you sped it up the slide show would acquire a kind of strobe light effect, with people stopped in motion.

One Fly said...

I enjoyed this Tony. Ya may 2013 be a very good one for you.

The slide show worked well and the picture of your Dad and mention of Mom was nice as well.

Tom said...

love those golden/bronzed faces from the past...and yes, seems a lot of attention has shifted from blogging to facebook, a damned shame, but still it's a good way to keep in touch. Best wishes for 2013, no doubt it will be over sooner than later.

Oregon Gifts of Comfort and Joy said...

Hi Tony, Happy New Year! I enjoyed your slideshow and the rest of this post very much. The last picture of your Dad is priceless.

Kathy M.

savannah said...

Happy New Year, Tony! all the best to you and yours, sugar! xoxox

TICKLEBEAR said...

Happy New Year tony!!
It was a splendid time spent in your company in 2012 and looking forward to more in 2013, as much as you can spare, here or on Fb.
:)~
HUGZ

Teresa Wilson Rogers said...

Great photos, Tony! Loved the bit about your dad meeting your 15 year old mom! Happy New Year!

Kat Mortensen said...

The photo of your dad in Scottish regalia is priceless! I love the fact that he met a Scottish lass and married her. Hoot mon!

FrankandMary said...

That is a great shot of dad at the end. And bore of you? Ha.

Teresa Evangeline said...

I don't know how I could have missed this magical post. Love everything about it. Crazy cool Tim Buckley video. It worked very well with your slide show too, in an odd musical way. Love the photo of your dad with mum mention. Liking your soundcloud visits, too. :)