Friday, March 06, 2015

. Melange:

Who knows what's happening? Some kind of Beauty Parade? Some dancing competition? Whatever..... Looks like the ship's captain is showing the lass in the blue frock the door /the plank?

This is a sepia saturday post.

All I know.This image is from the late 50's.
A cruise somewhere.I found it on the site www.viewfromthisside.com .
It shares Kodachrome slides and suchlike.Many found unloved in carboots.
 I love the clarity & vivid colours these contain.
Somewhere  below is a slideshow  of  photos from today,s night in Halifax with Phil The X Fireman & Ken .
Ken [beard]is a friend of George ,a member of The Ukulele Orchestra of Great Britain.

9 comments:

Kurt said...

I had a good time at www.viewfromthisside.com

Kristin said...

Between the slide show and the musical collage, I'm speechless.

violet s said...

I was introduced to the ukelele orchestra this summer - they are fantastic!

Anonymous said...

Those were the days - save the last dance for me ! Loved the music.

Little Nell said...

She’s been voted off !! Great slideshow!

La Nightingail said...

The ukulele medley was wonderful! And the accompanying slide-show was fun. Neat post!

Alan Burnett said...

There is something unique about the colours on those old colour slides. The only problem with them is that they seem to attract dust, scratches and mould like a magnet.

Mike Brubaker said...

I'm astonished that somehow I've missed hearing the Ukulele Orchestra before. What do they do for bass? I also love the colors of vintage slides. Maybe we need an alternate to Sepia Saturday -- Colorful Sunday?

21 Wits said...

Oh gosh, Little Devil is just so adorable. I just knew you'd have a great musical treat for us! I just love listening to your posts!

Phil's Birthday

  My friend of 60 years Phil got married just a week ago to Iris . (He died last Sunday ) .  Today was Phil's Birthday . We went o...