Thursday, January 18, 2018

Sugar Ray Leonard


Helping the police with their enquiries ;)  (with Nodge & Steve).No doubt i will write a post sometime about the times I have  tangled with the Police. several  funny ;several not so. As a taster,did you know i was interviewed by two detectives during the Yorkshire Ripper search? Anyway.That's for another time......i certainly feel i want to be more autobiographical here, this year.......fuck the 'mystery'!
Exclusive:watch a video of Nigel Farage's latest thoughts on Brexit :

Why on Earth is that prick Nigel Farage still being interviewed  on TV News?
 He is no longer UKIP's leader.
He has stood 7 times for Westminster and never been successful .
He's just a  Mussolini-in-tweed.
Although, I recall,Benito was also well hung 


I was due to be going out drinking in Sowerby Bridge tonight with Phil & Ken & Bryn.Unfortunately,Phil rang to cancel until next week (worries around snow).
So I,m sat at home having "the few beers " I promised myself this morning.Hence the Smörgåsbord  of a post this will ,no doubt,become .....!
Ihavnt had a drink in ten days & 'have swum 5 miles this week.. Enough Goodness!
 previous Cask & Feathers
I go to see Bob in Bacup on Monday .We are arranging a curry with him,Nodge,Jim ,Steve,Ken ,Phil etc in Ramsbottom in a few weeks time.
on the way home I have an appointment to do some heavy-breathing with my Asthma Nurse in Hebden Bridge.


. Also on the cards ,in the next couple of weeks,another curry in Rochdale with Daz,Jim S,Tony T,Martin (Thorpe) the Landlord of The Cask & Feathers (who's name always escapes me).Hydn,Phil & Ken
Also next week ,I visit a contact of my friend from Halifax,Israr Hussain.( i first met Israr via Halifax Swimming Pool) I am buying and promoting  Dates & Olive Oil produced in Palestine.The proceeds go to support a childrens charity there.
No doubt here & on facebook i will be reporting about the fine work the charity does in Halifax
(nb my brother Zyg has put an order in for oil & dates and the possibility of wine?)
Chris liam from Portland Oragon donated the track specifically to this blog..The other track"Museum of Childhood" is sung by the late  Jackie Leven.One of the nicest people i have ever personally met
  
Israr Hussain.( image from a portrait displayed at Dean Clough Gallery, Halifax )
Israr is a lovely bloke (he went to Crossleys School). He's told me some really funny stories about his various travels. He concides, he doesn't have the most "airoplane-friendly" 'look' post9/11 !
Over the last few weeks this blog has been bombarded with hundreds of threatening messages (this is the least of it). I have ignored up until now, but maybe i can smoke the person out? I will post here ,in this thread, any future messages....."Clutch " away,honey!

No comments:

Phil

  Phil died early in the morning of Sunday 17th March at home with his Wife Iris by his side.