Thursday, June 14, 2007

TrojanDownloader.Win32.Con Hook




My PC is poorly @ the moment:(
Anybody know how to get rid of Trojans?I have good security( Norton ,Macfee & the AOL stuff) but I have been invaded (i think it was something got by Chris while downloading from Limeware). I can delete it all ok.But it pops back up within the minute........................
The pc is (obviously )still working but its slow.popups etc.
Ive found a useful site majorgeeks that has lots of good freeware&shareware.Hopeful I will find the correct medicine.until then,i feel like John Cleese & his Fawlty Car!

6 comments:

ellie said...

Sorry your poorly! I am crap at all that PC repair stuff so I will just stay here in the background and make tea and offer sympathetic words.

Milk? Sugar?

Hope you get sorted soon.

Momentary Madness said...

Only way out is to delete all from hard-drive and re prog. I'm no expert but that's what I'm told.
Check out some more advice, I'd be interested to know if you can do it anyother way. Sorry to hear that. Good luck!!
Paddy

savannah said...

chuck it and get a MAC, sugar ;)

©gloop said...

Get yourself to http://free.grisoft.com/doc/1 and download the free virus prog. Then make sure you download the latest updatwe and scan your PC.

Also get hold of ad-aware and spybot (both free), get the latest updates for them and run them.

These have worked for me in the past where the likes of Norton failed.

If you still have the problem after that then it looks like a wipe and rebuild is the only answer.

Newcastle Photos said...

Here is a couple of things that may help you out before you do the dreaded re-install. That's if AVG did'nt work for you...

Spybot-S&D

Malicious Software Removal Tool

Ad-Aware 2007 Free

Follow the instructions carefully on this page How To Clean An Infected Computer

Hope that helps.

jungle jane said...

Spybot is best. Make sure you Immunise as well as remove the trojans.

Limewire is FULL of gremlins...

Phil's Birthday

  My friend of 60 years Phil got married just a week ago to Iris . (He died last Sunday ) .  Today was Phil's Birthday . We went o...