Thursday, August 15, 2013

Margaret Downes was murdered with a sabre.

Some recent Photos I have taken.See My full image Album by clicking [here]
A bit of a 'political' few days for the gentle author! Tonight I attend a meeting (the first) of a new Calderdale anti-fracking group in Hebden Bridge.
You may remember ? my recent post which mentioned The Peterloo Massacre in Manchester . Well ,tomorrow , Me,Cathy ,Chris (& meeting Capo Martin there?) go to Manchester for a ceremony to mark the 192nd anniversary of that event. (hopefully , my photos & videos of it shall be be planted into this post  afterwards)
 Here is some background about the campaign to get a suitable monument built in the city to remember the dead (& the birth of the right to vote). As to the Anniversary itself,other events are being held over the weekend (eg in Oldham & Rochdale).
The Manchester event tomorrow will include wreath laying & the public naming of the dead ( read out by the Mayor of Manchester & the actressMaxine Peake Kick Off is 1pm (near the Radisson Hotel).There is also a walking tour of battle sites ,leaving The Midland Hotel at 11am..but I doubt our train will arrive in time for us to go to that?.

5 comments:

Alan Burnett said...

You had me worried there for a minute. there were photos in cafes, photos of tea shops, and photos of soft drinks - and I had to wait for a liong time before I saw a pub.

tony said...

I am becoming a "Secret Drinker"?:)

Brian Miller said...

heh, alan.
oh i could probably go to a 12 step program for coffee...

tony said...

The First Rule Of "Coffee Club" Is.......:)***********

Dominic Rivron said...

Talk of Peterloo always reminds me of Shelley...

As I lay asleep in Italy
There came a voice from over the Sea,
And with great power it forth led me
To walk in the visions of Poesy...

Sauna in Mytholmroyd