Wednesday, May 03, 2017

Joan

I travelled over to  Royton,(nr Manchester) today to attend Joan 's funeral ( Hydn's wife).Held at St Pauls Church .A massive place ,which  was packed.
www.saint-pauls-royton.org/
An impressive attendance for a beautiful lady.
Rest in Peace X
[Capo ]Martin took this photo of me near Royton Cricket Club, which hosted a meal for the mourners afterwards.
Thank You Martin for the lift to & from the Mills Hill railway station.
As I say, hundreds attended Joan's Mass.
 It lasted 80 minutes ( with a seperate cremation afterwards).
An Anglican/Cof E affair...yet  much "smells& bells"..more 'Catholic' than even recent roman catholic services I have attended  (remember I'm Polish,I know about such things!)
It's the first time ever I have taken the host &wine from a protestant vicar......very moving......
It was also good to meet up with 40 or 50  people i hadnt met up with for at least 12 months.

No comments:

All The Young Dudes

  Me ,in white,  throwing some glorious "Sid Viscous Shapes" :)