Friday, September 18, 2020

pressure drop

This is a Sepia Saturday post; to see other posts , click here 

https://sepiasaturday.blogspot.com/2020/09/sepia-saturday-538-19-september-2020.html Posting colourised images onto onto "Sepia Saturday" is a bit like Dylan going electric?! "Judas" :)

 

 

Some more old family photos I uploaded&coloured this week.
Some are of me & my brother Zyg as kids .Plus my Mum & Dad and Aunt Brenda..
Also a couple of Polish Funerals from the 1960's.
Although my Dad arrived in England during the war ( and joined the Polish Free Air Force Battle of Arnhem et al) , he never got an English passport. And because he deserted the Soviet Army ,early in the war, he was afraid,if he ever went home ,the Polish Communist Government might arrest him.
So ,apart from one visit back in 1965 to see his dying mum ( I was with him when we visited her in hospital:the only time I ever met my Grandma)
As a result, his only contact with the family was by letter. As the years rolled on, he/we recieved photos of funerals. His only contact with a past life......
Here are two examples of family funeral he couldn't attend in person.....
it's maybe why I ,in turn,was also attracted to photography.See the 12 colourised photos here:

A photo of me this week in Hebden Bridge with my Sauna/Swimming buddy Haley.A top published London author (non fiction:Asperger) and very nice lass. See all my week's photos here https://zimnoch.smugmug.com/Sony-/

4 comments:

La Nightingail said...

Nice coloring job! You look happy and relaxed and Haley is lovely. :)

smkelly8 said...

Delightful post!

Molly's Canopy said...

Wonderful photos -- particularly the colorization on some of them. FYI, I had trouble getting through to your blog and had to access the cached version. Hope you are not having technical problems with your blog. I have been dealing with some myself. Not fun.

Mike Brubaker said...

Very artful, Tony.You've taken up a technique of coloring that most of the early photographers advertised as a speciality. I've rarely encountered any antique photos that went beyond painted brass buttons (or tubas) with occasional rouge cheeks. Many photographers also made "crayon" portraits but I've yet to find one. I wonder what they would have made of digital camera technology.

All The Young Dudes

  Me ,in white,  throwing some glorious "Sid Viscous Shapes" :)