Thursday, July 07, 2022

My 29 day ban on Facebook : view the offending video.



Rather oddly, I was given a 29 day ban by facebook for posting this video today ' 

It  refers to the current problems of Boris Johnson here in UK 

 Bit of a shame as this month I celebrate my 70 th birthday & we go away on holiday.

 I have appealed the ban , but it's unlikely to be overturned ( it seems , i discover too late, they always ban this particular parody video,no matter the topic )

 The upshot is that I will be posting more here during my 29 exile.. 

Facebook's gain is your loss.......

 

I went for a few drinks at The Upper George in Halifax on Friday . We bumped into a facebook Friend who had a spare ticket for Primal Scream who were playing The Peice Hall that evening . It would have been rude not to go...... Image Gallery

6 comments:

Kristin said...

Glad I will be able to see you here as I've left reactionary fb behind. I was going to use my husband's acct. to see what you had to say about the current state of "your" government.

tony said...

"my" government is "in a state" .Johnson is Britain's Trump. An Animal !

savannah said...

WOW! This is the first time in a few posts of yours that I've been able to see! I was going to message you on Facebook if it happened today! Hope your appeal goes through, but like you, I ain't holding my breath! At least, you might be able to get rid of Boris easier than what we're having to deal with over here! Happy Birthday early, Friend! xoxo

tony said...

No the appeal was rejected.No surprise .
Its a bit daft i think. That video meme has been doing the rounds for many years (in various forms) It never occured to me that fb would take offence .Hey-Hoy!

Rockmother said...

Fab to see Primal Scream up so close. And ufff facebook - what a bore re: your ban.

tony said...

Yea, It's plain daft . I'm not sure I have much future on f/b .They have me in their sights i think!

All The Young Dudes

  Me ,in white,  throwing some glorious "Sid Viscous Shapes" :)